The February Zeitgeist
Well we might as well rename the site GreenCarHugger or something like that, because with Mike back writing full time about cars and technology, five of the top ten posts in February were about cars, six if you include exhaustburgers. Us bicycling designer types can take some solace that the top three posts were design related.
1) Casulo: An Entire Apartment's Furniture in One Small Box Well this little box was a very popular post, blowing everything else away, and proof that it is not all about cars! One of the great design ideas of the year; inside this box, there's an armoire, a desk, a height-adjustable stool, two more stools, a six-shelf bookcase, and a bed with a mattress.
2) Under Water City Proposed for Amsterdam We agreed that "This scheme and its underlying drivers, fly in the face of every responsible principle of sustainability and current trends" but others thought it made a lot of sense; by building under the canals no buildings need be disturbed for construction. There is a certain logic to it...
3) Bigger Better Bookcase Stair Every design site in the blogosphere loved Tim Sloan's extraordinary combination library and alternating step stairway. What's not to love? More after the jump...
5.Toyota iQ: Less is More for Small Urban Car
6. Souped Down 1959 Opel T-1 Gets 376.59 mpg
7. Exhaustburger Cooks While You Drive
8. Volkswagen to Introduce 70 mpg Diesel-Electric Hybrid Golf
9. Nike Talks Trash With Shoe Made From Manufacturing Waste
10. A Step Closer to a Zero Emission Car?
Every month we count the number of posts that get more hits in the month than our perennial favourite, How to Green Your Sex Life. This month the GYSL index is the lowest ever, with only one post more popular.