Hey Japan! TreeHugger is Looking for a Japan Correspondent (paid).
TreeHugger wants to cross-pollinate the globe with green. We´d love to get a passionate, talented, driven writer in Japan to highlight the latest in green coming out of Japan. We are also offering a $200 referral reward if you connect us with a successful longer term hire. Sound like you or someone you know? More after the jump...First and foremost, we are looking for knowledgeable and passionate people. If you're not obsessed with green, please don't bother applying. We also require good writing skills, an interesting voice, some computer skills (image editing & compression, blogging software basics, nothing too complicated) and a sensitive BS detector. You also need to know what is happening in your corner of the world. Ideally, you would be able to do a little on-the-ground journalism (with a digital camera).
We are looking for people who can write a minimum of 3 posts per week. Writers are required to make post commitments and keep them. Please do not underestimate the amount of work that writing for TreeHugger can represent. We need commited people with lots of energy...we´ve got a green revolution to support!
You´d be joining a global team of over 40 people. Awesome and talented individuals from extremely varied backgrounds and nationalities united together in helping to push sustainability mainstream. TreeHugger reaches millions of people so your impact can be seen statistically and anecdotally. It´s truly a job that makes a difference.
Want the job? Here's *exactly* what we´d like you to do. This will help us go through a lot of applications in an efficient manner.
1) Send an email with the following subject line: "TH Writer Hunt: *Where I live*"
Please don't send emails with other subject lines than this one (well, of course you need to replace the end of the subject line with your specific info). Try to keep your email structured and concise.
2) Introduce yourself: Short paragraph including name, location, anything relevant.
3) Tell us which topic(s) you think you could cover for us and why (past experience? do you work in that field? are you just very passionate and read 150 RSS feeds and websites about it each day? any insider connections?)
4) Tell us how computer-savvy you are; Have you ever blogged? Do you know basic HTML? Do you know how to edit pictures (resize, compress)? This isn't critical but you will need to learn if you don't already.
5) If you have one, send us or better yet, link to a few samples of your writing. If not, write a small paragraph about something green.
6) Send us links to 3 things you think would be good on TreeHugger with a one liner as to why.
We're giving a $200 referral reward (paid via Paypal) to anyone who sends our way a good writer that we take on board and keep (there's a tryout period). If you know someone who would be a great TreeHugger writer, let him/her know about us!
That's it! We're looking forward to hearing from you. And if you don't hear from us immediately, that's normal... It's going to take a bit of time to read everything and get back to everyone. Thanks for your time.