Discovery's TreeHugger & Planet Green Are Looking for an Intern!
photo: adpowers via Flickr
Discovery's Planet Green/TreeHugger seeks an intern to collaborate on a high-impact innovative environmental initiative. Intern will perform research (primarily online) related to climate change initiatives, and will assist with the development of a presentation addressing questions of how individuals can most effectively reduce their carbon footprint. This presentation will be given on a regular basis by multiple Discovery team members, and will represent the first step in a significant, broader initiative. This is an unpaid position and the intern will work as part of a virtual online team, from their location of choice.
- Broadband internet access
- Excellent online research skills
- Demonstrated passion related to environmental issues
- Familiarity with issues around climate change science and carbon-cutting initiatives
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Familiarity with Excel, Google docs
- Familiarity with presentation-making programs (Powerpoint and/or Keynote)
- Graphic sensibility (i.e. finding, selecting and/or creating strong graphics to support this presentation).
1. Why do you feel that you would be a strong candidate for this position? How do your skills compare to the "must haves" and "good-to-haves" listed above?
2. How much time will you be able to devote to this project?
3. When will you be able to begin?